Shard

THE EASY WAY TO INVEST IN CRYPTOCURRENCY

ICO Overview

What is Shard?

Shard is a new proof-of-stake (PoS)/ proof-of-work (PoW) cryptocurrency launched with the purpose to provide easy access to investing in the wider cryptocurrency area, without the knowledge or time required to do so.

Shard aims to be a secure and stable store of value for Shard holders, supported by the Shard Investment Fund. Shard holders gain access to the benefits of investing in an array of propitious cryptocurrencies, without the difficulty of doing so. 

Such as having to download, sync, and secure multiple wallets; or spend large amounts of time reading charts and coin offerings.It should be noted that Shard is designed to be a fully fledged cryptocurrency in its own right, the Shard Investment Fund is just one of its many attributes. You will not be required to lock-up or deposit your Shards to take part, simply hold them in your wallet.

  • ‍Proof-of-stake cryptocurrency with continuously decreasing rate of interest (ROI). In order to reward early investors and control inflation.
  • Shard Investment Fund directly supports the value of Shard.
  • Solo staking optimised. (9 hour minimum maturity, 72 hour maximum maturity).

SHARD INVESTMENT FUND (SIF)

The Shard Investment Fund (SIF) has the sole purpose to support the value of Shard through its cryptocurrency reserves. This means that Shard is a crypto-asset-backed cryptocurrency. As a holder of Shards you will directly benefit from this through the resulting effect on the market value of Shard. At Shard we believe that transparency of the SIF reserves is of utmost importance, therefore will be releasing a monthly investment report.

WHERE DO THE SIF RESERVES COME FROM?

The Shard Investment Fund will initially be raised from 70% of the proceeds from the Shard pre-sale. Thereby giving direct reserves of Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple and Litecoin from the outset. Continuing contributions to the SIF will be made through the Shard PoS block reward split. 

80% is rewarded directly to the staker, the other 20% is assigned to the SIF to benefit all Shard holders.We have planned multiple future projects directly related to Shard, and a portion of the revenue generated by these will be contributed to the SIF.

THE THREE KEY FUNCTIONS OF THE SHARD INVESTMENT FUND ARE:

  • ‍To grow the cryptocurrency reserves; through investing in undervalued established cryptocurrencies and promising new coin launches.
  • To provide price stability and liquidity by purchasing Shard using realised profits via exchanges.
  • To reduce inflation by burning excess Shard held in the SIF reserves.

WHAT IS PROOF OF STAKE?

Proof of Stake (PoS) is an algorithm that helps the blockchain to secure every transaction. Transactions are bundled in one “block” and several blocks together are called the blockchain. In order for the blockchain to be reliable there needs to be consensus about the transactions. In PoS-based cryptocurrencies the creator of the next block is chosen randomly, with consideration to their weighting. 

Your weight is determined by the amount of coins in your wallet and the time they have been waiting to stake. This means that when you hold mature coins and your wallet is unlocked, you have the chance to be selected as the creator of a block. Once that happens you get a reward for helping to secure the blockchain. For Shard, the reward is annual percentage return based on the duration you have been waiting to stake.

SHARD
1 Shard = 0.5$

Buy with

BTC, ETH, LTC, XRP

Platform

Scrypt

Location

United Kingdom

Exclusions

Pre-ICO Start

Pre-ICO End

ICO Start

March 25, 2018

ICO End

April 24, 2018